Resources from Canada’s Parliament
The Parliament of Canada website has many Learning Strategies and resources relating to Canadian politics. Click here for a list of programs and products directed towards four different age groups. And click here for a wealth of background resources and information on Parliament.
Here is a list of some lesson plans and resources, directed towards high school students:
- Model Parliament
- Setting the Agenda: A typical day in the life of a MP or Senator
- Special Parliamentary Committee Simulation
- All Candidates Election Forum
- Voter Apathy Among Young Voters
- Voting That Counts
- Click here for many more lessons.
Lesson Plan from CPAC
Question Period – Grades 5-8 For students studying dramatic arts, social sciences and language arts (11 page pdf booklet)
Question Period – Senior high
Lesson Plans from “The True North” Website (Courtesy of James Dykstra)