Full-day kindergarten may not seem like a crowd-getting topic, but about 150 people came out to the March 1st Langley ARPA event, hungry for information on the issue. And they weren’t dissapointed. The six speakers gave plenty of food for thought as BC parents and schools now have to decide how to proceed in light of the provinces move to full-time kindergarten.
- Kent Dykstra – Principal of William of Orange Elementary School – Ramifications for independent schools
- Helen Ward – Kids First Parent Association of Canada – Ideological and political roots of all day kindergarten
- Rev. Rob Schouten – Pastor of Aldergrove Canadian Reformed Church – Biblical perspective on early education
- Ed Vanderboom – inspector of independent schools for the BC government
- Mark Penninga – Director of ARPA Canada – Update on ARPA Canada’s work and other action items
Note: Click here for more information and a sample letter about this issue. We will be video recording this for use in other locations. Let us know if you are interested in receiving a copy. Email [email protected]